Friday, January 23, 2009

Politics is everywhere

Wow, the politics and emotion was really a combination on the live coverage of the inauguration of the new president of the USA. I have a strong feeling of hope for the rest of the planet after watching all of the festivities.
It's not only our American friends who want a good president but also the rest of the world.
Speaking of politics we had a fantastic turn out at one of our local clubs for a community meeting that myself and a couple of other friends organized. It is in relation to the rezoning of prime agricultural land and the building of high density housing into this land. The public were fantastic and we have elected a committee to tackle our local council and oppose this threat to our beautiful area.
We live in rural residential living on the edge of the Blue Mountains and a developer wants to make a lot of money at our expense.
The local people have the power to overcome this obstacle. I have faith and hope in people power.
Wow haven't I been on my soap box. I guess it's in my blood as my grandmother was a sufrajet and I am related to our first Prime Minister Barton.

No comments: