Friday, January 9, 2009

A cancer survivor & inspirational lady

I just had to get this info on my blog ASAP. My husband and I went away for a couple of days out west to Cowra, Millthorpe area to visit and enjoy the view. On our way home we came across an amazing lady Deborah De Williams on a round Australia run to raise money for breast cancer.
Deborah is a cancer survivor and has decided to spend 12 months running around our country to raise awarness and money for the cause.
Her husand is her crew and Maggie is her beautiful dog who goes along with them in their caravan, which is their home.
What an inspirational woman. We stopped and introduced ourselves and found out about Deborah by just having a chat.
They plan to be in Sydney for Australia Day so keep your eye out and please give generously. They do not as yet have a major sponsor but I hope they pick up one along the way.
Please visit her website www.runningpink.com.au and find out more about this amazing woman. Deborah also has a blog site which I will post too.

No comments: