Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween decorating




Halloween brings back memories of Maine in the USA in 1996 when I visited. I'll never forget we visited a pancake place where they made Maple Syrup and the pumpkins were everywhere as decoration for Halloween. I fell in love with them then and I still love them now. Australia doesn't tend to do much celebration for this special day but I get great pleasure from the contrast in colours of black and orange. I wonder what they represent ?


I was shopping at Aldi the other day and found these gorgeous pumpkin lights so I hung them in my family room. Their little faces cheered me up straight away.


5 comments:

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Very festive Larna. I think Halloween has orange to represent harvest time, and black is spooky to represent darkness, scary things, etc. I'm not sure, but this is my belief. We used to have huge Halloween parties in our barn every year and it was such fun to decorate with bales of hay to sit on and decorated large tree limbs in the center of each table. Rubber bats and spiders hung down with black and orange balloons and spider webs. It's nice to see you decorate.Pat

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Halloween decorating! I like the lights, so festive.
Millie

Larna Ezzy said...

Pat,
Thanks for the colour theory on Halloween. It sounds like you had fun in your barn.
Larna

Larna Ezzy said...

Millie,
Thankyou for your comment, nice to hear from you.
Larna

Wildflowerhouse said...

Larna, I love your bright little pumpkins. Every year we put our pumpkins out in our pastures the day after halloween and wait. Sure enough the elk show up for a snack of pumpkin. They are huge animals, but they come so quietly, it's amazing.Sharon