Saturday, June 20, 2009

My beaded bird

I thought you might like to look at my entry into the EXOTICA exhibition being hosted by the ATASDA Assoc. This exhibition is being shown all over Australia at the quilt shows being hosted at all major capital cities. It is the first time I have done this type of exhibiting and I have to say I was very excited.
My girlfriend and I went to Darling Harbour last Wednesday to have a look at the exhibit and it blew us away. The effort the girls go to, to show our work is amazing.
Some of my students where there as well and said they enjoyed the display of everyones work.
Mine is a beaded piece using silk as the base. He is supposed to be a rare bird. The piece took on a night time feel which made him look very mysterious.
I do hope you get a chance to get along and see the exhibition.
Cheers Larna

7 comments:

Wildflowerhouse said...

A lovely piece Larna. The colors are great and all that beading. It must have taken forever. Sharon

Larna Ezzy said...

Sharon,
It's interesting when I bead I lose track of time. It is very enjoyable. The more I do the more I wish to do.
Larna

Wildflowerhouse said...

Hey lady, You have not posted for some time now. Everything ok? Miss you! Sharon

Wildflowerhouse said...

OK Larna we are heading into Nov. Where yhe heck are you?! We miss you. Sharon

Ellie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ellie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ellie said...

It is interesting what you find on the internet. I guess Larna stopped blogging as she was doing something else in her spare time.