Friday, November 7, 2008

My CQ purse for wedding











Well I've finished my bag for my daughters wedding. I can't beleive she gets married next Friday. The months of planning have flown by.
I'm wearing a black chinese pant suit with a burnt cream velvet tassled coat with maroon,green and beaded flowers. I will post photos of this and others after the wedding.
I wanted to make myself something special to commemorate the big day, just for me. Selfish, no...I'm the mum and she's my baby girl. So something special for me was the order of the day.
The bag was constructed with a picture from Pat Winter and I dyed it to blend with the greens in bag. Then I needle felted the fabrics with wool around the picture. After the felted base piece was finished I embroidered and beaded to suit. Antique beads, crystal button, antique dyed lace motif were added. I attached the handle with beads and added bead edging all around finishing with bead fringing with crystals. Black felted hearts were added to symbolise the day of love (wedding).

Don't worry I have made the wedding cushion too, just lovelly. Not too bright in colour to overshadow the bride, just enough for interest. I also beaded her veil at the top, just enough, she doesn't like things to be over the top. Pictures for cushion in next post.
We had a dress rehearsal yesterday and she looks lovelly too. I've been waking up at night hoping we haven't forgotten anything. You know details like flowers etc. I'm sure all will be right on the day.
We had to go and get my DH fitted for his suit today and he brushes up very nicely. I love suits on men they look so gorgeous...
A black suit and vest. White shirt with maroon tie and kerchief to match me. Lovelly.





4 comments:

Wildflowerhouse said...

I love your purse Larna, the colors are great. Yes you should do something special for you. Don't forget a hankie! Have a beautiful time.Sharon

Larna Ezzy said...

Sharon,
Thanks for the feedback. My pictures aren't the best. I'm still learning. Don't worry I haven't forgotten the hankie. I have some antique ones, my daughter gets first pick then me.
Will post more pics of the event.
Cheers Larna

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Larna, your CQ purse is beautiful.I love the colors. I had to blog it, and you have an award waiting for you ....:-)
Hugs,Pat

Larna Ezzy said...

Pat,
I am very flattered with this award you bestow on me. This is new to me, so what do I need to do ?
Larna