Monday, November 10, 2008

CQ Wedding Cushion
























The wedding cushion is finished. I'm very happy with how it turned out. My daughter went thru my stash and picked the fabrics and threads to match the colour theme of her dress and wedding decor. The purple was very strong so I had to use it sparingly otherwise it took over the 'wedding look' of the cushion.


I incorporated some of my dear grandmothers fabric of one of her old dress shirts, ans Eifel Tower charm, (that's where the couple were engaged), a messenger dove charm, MOP love heart charm.

On one corner I put their initials over a satin heart corner treatment. It came up well I thought. Two rings entwining to represent the wedding rings.


I also put a love poem and the marriage date on the back of the cushion. I did this on my bubble jet printer. It turned out really well.


Soo.... breath, sigh,breath......the last of the last minute wedding jobs are being done. Need to have dress rehearsal tonight. Check table decorations, placement of tables etc.

I hope we haven't forgotten anything.......I keep drifting off into thinking and panic land in my head. I think I need a massage, when will I fit that in ?
Next post will be of the wedding itself. Wish me luck, I hope I can hold it together.

5 comments:

Judy S. said...

Have a wonderful celebration, Larna! That wedding cushion is absolutely beautiful and will be a treasured memento of the special day. Congratulations and best wishes to all of you!

Larna Ezzy said...

Judy, How sweet of you to give your send your wishes. I will have a great day as I hope my daughter does too. Will give an update after the event.
Cheers Larna

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Larna, it is beautiful, and you won't hold it together my dear, so let the tears flow freely. It's the best way to show your love. Have a wonderful time and be proud of your beautiful wedding treasures created from your heart.
hugs,
Pat

Larna Ezzy said...

Pat, thanks for your wise words.
I will definately show my love.
By the way my heartfelt thoughts for you re your Dad on Rememberance Day. I watched a Rememberance Day service in our local park. The local school children lay wreaths as a token of respect. Very moving.
Hugs, Larna

Wildflowerhouse said...

Larna Your wedding pillow is beautiful. What a lucky couple to have you in their life. By the way you have been tagged. Go to my blog, it will explain. Bye for now, Sharon